Our rules and regulations are simple to be followed:
- Riders must display their numbers on their bikes while riding. If there is a bike swap, the rider’s number must be transferred to the new bike. Your number must be on your bike while you are riding.
- Riders must wear helmet for safety reason. All riders are responsible for individual safety.
- Riders riding bikes have the right of way over those pushing bikes. If you are pushing a bike, please stay off the rideable portion of the trail so riders may pass. If you are lapping another racer, call out “passing on your left/right”. It is up to the passing rider to pass safely.
- Be cool. Poor sportsmanship, use of profane or abusive language and other unsportsman-like behavior towards a racer, volunteer, event staff or spectator will not be tolerated. Offending riders/teams are subject to a warning or immediate disqualification.
- No protests shall be made.
- It is the rider’s responsibility to be properly hydrated for the duration of the ride.
- In case of a disastrous situation due to weather or any other extenuating circumstances preventing continuation or scoring of the event or creates a racing environment that is deemed too dangerous for the participants, the event directors may postpone or cancel the ride as of a certain time. The ride may be restarted if the weather or circumstances allow. A restart procedure will be put into place at direction of the event director.
- Race smart, have fun, expand your horizons.
12 HOURS ENDURANCE CHALLENGE RULES
- Race times:7:30 am - 7:30 pm. The race ends at 7:30 pm. No laps count after the 7:30 pm cut-off.
- Safety on the course is paramount. It is COMPULSORY for every race to has his own basic first aid (such as alcohol swab, 5 pieces of plaster, muscular cream and bandage) and basic bike tools (such as spare tube and pump)
- There will be a pre-race meeting held at 9pm on Friday night, the 3rd February. COMPULSORY to be attended by rider under 12 Hours Endurance Challenge. Every racer is responsible for the rules as they are written here and for last minute changes announced at the pre-race meeting on Friday.
- 12 Hours Endurance Challenge racers must be logged in before the 7.00 a.m. start. They may take a rest as long as they want but remember, the clock keeps running! The registrars do not have updated results. Updated results will be posted continually throughout the race at a designated location.
- The race crews will provide water station at every CP and the event site. Refreshment meals are available at CP2 and the event site only. Each racer should bring adequate water for his/ herself.
- There will be a refreshment station at the event site where racer may stop anytime and eat. Food is provided and available at all the time.
- Racers may race consecutive laps and collect points at every CP as many as they are able to.
- The race starts at 7.30 a.m. and ends at 7.30 p.m. Final placing will be determined by the number of points collected and the sequential order of finish within riders’ last lap. Riders may finish before 7.30 p.m. without being disqualified. Extra times will be penalized. For example, a rider that has completed 10 laps with a finish time of 7:01 p.m. would beat a rider that completed 10 laps with a finish time of 7:05 p.m.
- In case of a disastrous situation due to weather or any other extenuating circumstances preventing continuation or scoring of the event or creates a racing environment that is deemed too dangerous for the participants, the race directors may postpone or cancel the race as of a certain time. The race may be restarted if the weather or circumstances allow. A restart procedure will be put into place at direction of the race director. If the race is cancelled final results will be calculated based on each rider’s points and time. This is a last resort option.
- Cheating will not be tolerated! Anyone caught cheating will be disqualified and banned from future races. Cheating will be determined by the race director. The race director has the final word!
- The overall champions will be determined by amount of points collected and overall time on course.
SUNSET RIDE RULES
- Sunset Ride riders must be logged in before the 2.00 p.m. start.